Monday

skinny soup

I have been living of this soup for approximately 4 years, and over the years I have discovered the tweaks along the way to make it utterly perfect.
It cooks in about 5 minutes, you can put anything in it, and you always have some ingredients in your kitchen. When I'm trying to slim down (usually post revision) I always turn to this.

You need:
1 tablespoon Miso soup base
A swish of fish sauce
Tinned Sweetcorn
Frozen prawns
Peppers
Mushrooms  
Spring Onions

I use no measurements  simply chucking stuff in as I go. Gently saute your onions, peppers and mushrooms in the pan you're planning to make your soup in. You want the vegetables to start getting soft. Add water, a tablespoon of the Miso base, the fish sauce and sweetcorn. You want to be sure that the water doesn't boil as this will kill all the good bacteria and enzymes in the Miso. A gentle simmer is great. Just before the veg is cooked add your frozen fish. 
Once the fish is thawed through, pour into a bowl and enjoy :)

Essentially it's plain old Miso soup, but damn good Miso Soup. 
I buy my miso stock from sainsbury's, it's own brand and SO good. If you have access to an oriental supermarket, get it from there. Usually though the oriental ones contain beef, so it's a no go for me. You can adjust the ingredients as you like, add carrots, remove the pepper etc. I also tend to add a splash of siracha sauce as I like mine a little bit spicy. 

Try it, trust me it's delicious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment